**We are not allowing any drop-ins at this time due to COVID-19**
Dance Etc. School of the Arts prides ourselves on providing many levels and genres of dance so that every student can flourish as an individual. Previous year students receive their recommendations via email. Recommendations are not set in stone and evaluations are ongoing throughout our first few months to ensure all students are placed to grow and excel. While we make every effort to not have class conflicts, they are sometimes inevitable. If you have a conflict, please speak with us and we will work it out! If you are interested in trying a new style of dance that you have not been recommended for, let us know and we can direct you!
About our classes:
We have done some restructuring of our levels this year. Names of classes are only labels, they do not dictate specifics on learning; if the student has achieved the syllabus within the class they will always be given new challenges. If your student has been recommended for the same level as last year, the names are just names not an indication of your child’s accomplishments.
Ballet Levels :
• Creative Movement – Ballet 6: 1 class per week
• Ballet 2A, 3A, 4A, Pre-Progressive, and Petite Progressive: 2 class per week requirement. If 2 classes are not possible for your schedule, please enroll in the accompanying class: ie: Ballet 2A would enroll in 2, Petite Progressive in Ballet 6.
• Jr. and Senior Progressive: 3 class per week requirement. Ballet 5 and 6 are new options for students
• Ballet 2 and up all have Master Classes available in addition to their performance classes. The master class is pure learning and technique throughout the year.
• Support Classes are available for Ballet 2 and up and required for students in our Progressive Program. We have many support classes throughout our schedule that are an extra boost to the student’s training. Classes can be added onto your schedule or attended with a punch card. We have many adults/parents that drop in on these classes while waiting as well!
Lyrical & Contemporary:
Lyrical and Contemporary classes are by invitation only. This program requires a strong ballet background with a minimum of 2 years of ballet and achieving Ballet 2 and above. Lyrical 1 and 2 students must maintain 1 ballet class a week, Lyrical 3 and Contemporary 1-4 students must maintain 2 ballet classes a week. We have added Tricks and Improv classes to our year round schedule. These classes are extras; they do not meet class minimum or support class requirements. Your student may have received a recommendation to join Lyrical this year – we would love to have you – but it is in no way a requirement!
Jazz, Tap, and Hip Hop:
Today, the world as whole and specifically in dance requires well rounded individuals. Our Jazz, Tap, and Hip Hop programs continue to grow and excite! We have Pre-Tap and Pre-Hip Hop/Jazz classes for ages 4-6 and all levels for ages 6 and up.
**In our 2020-2021 season, Drama classes will be online only until further notice.**
Copyright © Dance Etc. School of the Arts in Woodbridge,VA
All Rights Reserved Dance Etc. School of the Arts in Woodbridge - Visual and Performing Art School in Woodbridge, VA, Dance Registration in Woodbridge, VA Dance Studio in Woodbridge, VA
2020-2021 Daily Schedule by Classroom/Teacher