Why Does Dress Code Matter?
• Properly fitting dance clothing ensures the student is focused on dance, not their clothing.
• Hair that isn't in a bun (for ballet) or ponytail (all other classes) is a distraction that pulls away from training.
• Making sure that each student has hair off her face allows complete focus on learning instead of playing and pulling at hair.
• Dancers that look like dancers start to feel like dancers.
• Dress code makes it easier for the teacher and the students to spot mistakes and correct them.
• Dancers understand they are going to a structured class (compared to an unstructured playtime).
Dance Etc. School of the Arts has a published dress code and conduct policy to ensure a school that produces the highest quality artists.
Copyright © Dance Etc. School of the Arts in Woodbridge,VA
All Rights Reserved Dance Etc. School of the Arts in Woodbridge - Visual and Performing Art School in Woodbridge, VA, Dance Registration in Woodbridge, VA Dance Studio in Woodbridge, VA
Hygiene and Cleanliness
It is important to remember that dance is a physical art-form executed in a group setting. In a dance studio where activities induce sweat and children are moving through the space, extreme body odors can become a terrible distraction and an embarrassment for the child if a classmate is insensitive and says something out loud.
This check list is a friendly reminder so that all individuals experience a pleasant environment: